NURTW Lagos issues NO MASK NO BUS ACCESS
The Chairman of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) Lagos State Council, Musiliu Akinsanya (aka MC Oluomo), has instructed commercial drivers not to allow passengers without a face mask into their vehicles.
MC Oluomo made this known in a statement, containing the operational guidelines to members following the easing of the lockdown in the state from Monday.
He said the union has set up a Task Force Unit to arrest any driver/union member that violates the guidelines.
SEE GUIDELINES BELOW:-
- The NURTW state Secretariat will operate at 60% staff capacity forthwith. The staff members that are to resume at the office will be duly communicated.
- The Secretariat will operate between 9am to 3pm daily.
- Only motor park chairmen and park attendants are allowed to resume at their respective motor parks for now, this is aimed at reducing crowd at the motor parks.
- Operational time is between 8am to 7pm daily, no excuse will be entertained from any driver caught operating after this time.
- All passengers MUST put on their face mask. Failure to use it, such passengers should not be allowed into their vehicles.
- Tricycle Owners and Operator’s Association of Nigeria “TOOAN”(Maruwa operators) are to abide by the Lagos state government’s directive of carrying two (2) passengers at a go.
- Drivers and their bus conductors are to ensure the practice of social distancing by operating at 60% loading capacity.