ONE YEAR CELEBRATION: MAKINDE RANKED AS THE MOST DEMOCRATIC, PERFORMING GOVERNOR
Investigation at our disposal indicates that the executive governor of Oyo State, Engr Seyi Makinde, has been ranked as the most democratic and performing governor by well meaning Nigerians.
The governor, as stated by a prominent socio-political group, the Oyo State Development Advocacy group (OSDAG), said Gov.Seyi Makinde was elected on the May 29th, 2019, and till date, he has no record of any human right violations, and has brought speedy and steady development to his State.
According to the group, *Seyi is the modern face of democracy* in Nigeria, due to how he has been conducting himself in the public domain. The governor has continued to display his high level of understanding of leadership, governance and politics, which endears him to millions of people around the world.
We commend GSM for bringing the State from a level of low acceptance, to becoming a preferred destination for investment in Agribusiness, Infrastructures, residential and other commercialized activities.
Since Seyi Makinde became governor, more and more people have started relocating to Oyo to work and for residential.
The group, OSDAG has however, listed some of the achievements of Seyi Makinde, since he took over the reign of the State. Apart from roads and other infrastructures springing up in every parts of the State, the State civil servants are paid as and when due, without owing or delaying their salaries. Pensioners who the past governments refused to pay, are now also smiling to the bank.
Seyi Makinde is a great leader, whose acceptance transcend beyond Oyo State, with millions of supporters and admirers across the world. He is working hard round the clock, and delivering on all his campaign promises to citizens and thus far, we are able to present few amongst many of his strides since he assumed office a year ago.
Completed & Ongoing Projects
1. N60 Million BURSARY paid to the Oyo State indigenous at the Nigeria Law School.
2. SCHOOL FEES REDUCTION at Emmanuel Alayande College of Education Oyo,to level
up the school fees with other institution in Oyo State.
3. SCHOOL FEES REDUCTION at Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology, Igboora, to level up the school fees with other institution in Oyo State.
4. N300 Million for the Polytechnic of Ibadan to secure ACCREDITATION CAPITAL PROJECTS.
5. N500 Million SUBVENTION to LAUTECH & the inauguration of negotiation committee on the
6.CANCELLATION of N3,000 School Levies and internal exam fees in Oyo State.
7. N526 Million GRANTS to 2,500 Primary & 640 Secondary Schools in Oyo State as running
8.FREE textbooks and Exercise books to Students.
9. FREE COMPENDIUM to SS3 Students in Oyo State.
10. WAEC & JAMB EXTRA MURAL Classes for SS3 Students in Oyo State.
11.Ongoing, RENOVATION of Schools and PROCUREMENT of furniture.
12 Reduction of OUT OF SCHOOL CHILDREN due to the free education policy of Governor Seyi
13. Construction of 22 new model schools.
1.N9billion approved by the Oyo State government towards the construction of MONIYA ISEYIN ROAD.~Ongoing
2. The construction of four ultramodern bus terminals at Iwo road, Challenge, New Ife road and Ojoo in Ibadan. ~Ongoing
3. Operation LIGHT UP IBADAN(OyoState). Phase one completed and phase two ongoing.
4. Repairs of all the INNER CITY ROAD by Oyo State Road maintenance agency (OYSROMA). ~Completed
5. Reconstruction and beautification of Iwo Road Interchange Project. ~Ongoing
6. The rehabilitation of two waste dump site in Ibadan.~Ongoing
SECURITY and HEALTH, FIRE SERVICES
1. 100 SECURITY PATROL VEHICLES donated to the Police.
2. N178.7 million for the procurement of DIGITAL COMMUNICATION equipment for security agencies.
3. Procurement of new Firefighters to Oyo state fire service.
4. Establishment of emergency number ‘615’ for emergency response within the state.
Over 11,000 permanent jobs created within 9 months of the administration of His Excellency, Governor Seyi Makinde in TESCOM, HEALTH and ENVIRONMENT.
There are also seasonal jobs created as a result of the ongoing road constructions, and school projects.
1. N7.6 billion approved towards ERUWA & AKUFO Farm settlements. (Akufo ongoing).
2. 10,000 TOMATO SACHETS SEEDS distributed to the farmers.
3. PEST CONTROL equipment acquired.
1. N280 million as payment of GRATUITYto 100 retired civil servants in Oyo State.
2. N1.1 billion as payment of GRATUITY to 700 retired primary teachers and local government.
HANDLING CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC
– Provisions of more than 200 beds Isolation centers.
– Purchase of new ventilators, Ambulances, other medical equipments and upgrade of several Medical facilities in the State.
– Oyo State Under GSM rated high in managing the pandemic in a more effective and transparent manner.
– All pubic donations towards COVID 19 in Oyo State, are listed on the official website and in the media.
– Oyo State, one of the first to announce local remedy and cure for COVID19, after the governor survived the virus.
– More people are being discharged daily, while mortality rate is extremely low in Oyo State.
We are not in any doubt that, GSM will deliver 100 percent on all his campaign promises, as the score card for his one year in office, #GSMAt01 has clearly shown that he is on the right track. Therefore, all citizens/residents, and oppositions in Oyo State, are called upon to support him, because the next three years will be a time of complete transformation of Oyo State to a mega and modern city.