Home » My Son Never Attended Jumu’ah Prayers, Any Social Gathering After His Arrival From Europe –Atiku

My Son Never Attended Jumu’ah Prayers, Any Social Gathering After His Arrival From Europe –Atiku

Spread the love

By Rilwan Adetayo Balogun

The son of a former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar was announced to have tested positive for Coronavirus on Monday.

After the result of his test was announced by his father, there have been accusations by Nigerians and Abuja residents that his son had spent ten days in the country before being forced to undergo a test for Coronavirus. On these days, he was accused of attending Friday Jumat prayers and is said to have visited the club.

Atiku has since denied the reports, as he said his son voluntary called the NCDC after his return from France and Switzerland where he went to for business meetings.

In a statement by his Spokesman, Paul Ibe, he denied his son was at the Friday prayers and said he didn’t visit any club or social gathering as widely believed.

“For the purpose of putting the records straight and dispelling false narratives about the itinerary of a son of former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakr currently undergoing treatment for Corona Virus (COVID-19) infection, I wish to make the following clarifications:

“The clinical case returned to the country on 17th March via Switzerland from some business engagements in France and Switzerland,” he said.

“He attended a private meeting of six (6) persons same day in Lagos, stayed in his private house for the night and took an Aero 5.20 pm flight to Abuja on the 18th.

“The case did not travel with his family or any other but travelled alone by Emirates Airline.

“The case wore face mask as a precautionary measure since his arrival in Nigeria.

“The case did not show symptoms of infection and voluntarily placed a call to NCDC on arrival in Abuja late on the 18th to inform them he had returned from COVID-19 prone country and desired to be tested.

“ On the 19th, NCDC took his blood sample which result came positive on the 20th. He subsequently went into self isolation to protect his family within his own house.

“Meanwhile (sic) his son has since tested negative while his wife’s result is being awaited. The two persons are currently in self isolation.

“We urge members of the public to disregard the perfidious information that the case accessed open locations. He was not at Play Lounge nor any other club in Abuja as being mischievously bandied about.

“The case neither attended the Friday Jumu’a prayers nor any social gathering until his evacuation to Gwagwalada Specialist Hospital on the 20th where he is being treated and managed.

“We thank Nigerians for their prayers and support through this difficult time. Once again, it needs to be restated that the risk and danger of #COVID19 is real. Ensure you follow the World Health Organization and Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) guidelines on how to stay safe.”

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *